Saturday, March 30, 2013

50 years old

I made this cake for my husband's 50th birthday. I used the buttercream transfer method described here. I liked having the ability to shade a little bit and make the image look sort of painted.

The image itself, of driving down a road, is metaphoric of several things. First of all, my husband likes to drive. Whether going on short trips to the grocery store or cross-country week-long trips, my husband is happy to be behind the wheel. The 50 is also metaphoric for how fast time seems to be going these days. Cheesy, I suppose, but I like the cake anyway. And so did my husband.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! I've never seen a cake decorated like that before. It looks just like a beautiful painting. I love how personalized you made it, too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Sarah @ The Sprinkles on my Ice Cream Blog

    ReplyDelete