Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Let them eat turkey!

The story behind this cake: 
My oldest daughter K used to be a vegetarian. She did not live at home during her veggie years, but came home to visit for one Thanksgiving. She wanted to eat turkey but didn't want to give up her veggie ways just yet. She also wanted cake, and we settled on this answer for her desire to eat turkey and cake.  

I made two circle cakes and one cupcake. I cut one cake into a crescent shape so it would fit on the other circle cake, then used what I had cut out to form the turkey neck (the cupcake was used for the head). My daughter and I had fun putting this together. She wanted to play with fondant, which is what we used for the feathers, the beak, the wattle and the covering for the head and neck. The piping on the rest of the cake was my personal fave buttercream icing. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment